For the last few weeks we’ve been looking at balancing the different aspects of our lives using my version of Ginger Cockerham’s Clean Sweep programme. The great thing about the programme is that it enables us both to assess how we’re currently doing and gives us pointers for things to change. Following the programme can lead you to greater happiness, balance and fulfilment. This time we’re looking at our relationships and home environment.
As before, award yourself one mark for each statement that is true for you. If a statement could never apply to you, mark it as achieved. The idea is not to have the highest score; rather to identify areas for growth.
- I have an uplifting home environment
- I live in a home I like in an area of my choice
- I deal with letters, email and phone calls promptly and my personal paperwork is neatly filed
- My home is clutter-free and clean
- I recycle my waste wherever possible
- My children (if any) and my partner (if any) add energy to my life
- I say ‘no’ whenever I need to
- I am happy with my relationships and give enough time to maintain them
- I have a best friend or soul-mate who is always a source of support for me
- I do not inappropriately express anger towards others or to myself